Partner / Maui
Catherine L. M. Hall
Catherine L. M. Hall is a Partner in the firm's Maui office and a member of the Litigation & Alternative Dispute Resolution Practice Group. Her practice focuses on real estate, business, commercial, probate, and trust related matters.
Catherine served as an Extern to the Honorable Susan Oki Mollway, Chief District Judge of the United States District Court of Hawai`i and the Honorable Michael D. Wilson, Judge of the First Circuit Court State of Hawai`i (now Hawaii Supreme Court Justice). While in law school she served as an Outside Articles Editor of the University of Hawai`i Law Review, a Real Property Research and Teaching Assistant, and a Contracts Teaching Assistant. She previously owned an activity sales and timeshare resort marketing business with locations on Maui and the Big Island.
Assists with the probate and administering of estates of various sizes, ancillary probate for the conveyance of timeshare and real estate interests, trust administration for the conveyance and sale of real property, and probate and trust litigation including petitions and confirmation for the sale of real property.
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch 2022 for Land Use and Zoning Law, and Litigation - Real Estate; previously listed in 2021 for Litigation - Real Estate
- National Moot Court Awards: First Place Best Advocate and First Place Best Oralist, National Native American Law Moot Court Competition (2012); Second Place Best Advocate and Second Place Best Brief, National Native American Law Moot Court competition (2011)
- National Writing Awards: Second Place, American Bar Association Section of Real Property, Trust & Estate Law National Student Writing Contest (2012); Third Place, American Planning Association, Planning and Law Division National Student Writing Competition (2012)
- State Writing Awards: Best Paper Real Property Law Topic, Hawaii State Bar Association Real Property and Financial Services Section Award (2012); Best Paper Constitutional Law Topic, Hawaii State Bar Association Young Lawyers' Division Bernard Levinson Award (2012)
- Other Awards: CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Business Associations (2012); Winner Susan B. McKay Oral Advocacy Competition (2011)
- Maui County Bar Association
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- Hawaii State Bar Association Real Property and Financial Services Section, Maui Director
- Valid Regulation of Land Use or an Out-and-Out Plan of Extortion? Commentary on St. Johns River Water Mgmt. Dist. v. Koontz, 41 Real Est. L. J. 270 (2012).
- Also published in Ka Nu Hou, the Annual Newsletter of the Real Property Financial Service Section of the Hawai`i State Bar Association.