Partner / Maui
Craig G. Nakamura
Craig Nakamura is the Administrative Partner in the firm's Maui office and is a member of the Litigation practice group. He concentrates his practice in the areas of real estate and general corporate law. Mr. Nakamura has extensive experience in commercial real estate, civil litigation, construction disputes, foreclosures, mediation and arbitration. He has been selected by attorney peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2023 for Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Commercial Litigation, Litigation - Construction, Litigation - Real Estate, and Real Estate Law. He has also been selected for inclusion in 2022 Hawaii Super Lawyers for Real Estate.
Represents landlords, tenants and property management companies in lease transactions including shopping centers, ground leases, warehouses, offices and residential leases. Work involves drafting and negotiating lease documents, negotiating debt cure, filing eviction actions and collection of debts.
Represents numerous individuals and companies in real property disputes including quiet title and partitions, boundary disputes, accretion, easements, construction contracts, building defects, mechanics liens and realtor claims. Represented commercial lessors in cases involving bankruptcy filing by retail lessees. Worked to assure payment of post-petition rents and return of lease premises or assignment of lease.
Assists clients in obtaining a wide variety of licenses and permits from government agencies, including liquor licenses, commercial harbor licenses, conditional use permits, shoreline setback variances, historic district permits, conservation district use permits and special management area use permits, among others.
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers of America 2023 for Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Commercial Litigation, Litigation - Construction, Litigation - Real Estate, and Real Estate Law; listed since 2013
- Selected for inclusion in 2022 Hawaii Super Lawyers for Real Estate
- Maui County Bar Association
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- State Bar of California (Admitted to Practice - Inactive Status)