Partner / Honolulu
Robert E. Strand
Robert Strand is a Partner in the firm's Honolulu office and is a member of the Transactional practice group. He concentrates his practice on complex real estate transactions, commercial leasing, equipment leasing, water law and public utilities matters. He recently assisted clients with the acquisition of the Honolulu Club Building, the sale/leaseback of the land underlying 11 service stations on Oahu, the acquisition of the land underlying an industrial warehouse site in Iwilei and with the construction and take-out financing for the warehouse, the sale of three medium size shopping centers on Oahu, Kauai and Maui and in a PUC rate case for a private water company on Hawaii Island.
Mr. Strand is listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business 2023 for Real Estate. Chambers said: "Robert Strand regularly acts on transactions and leases in the real estate space. He is also experienced in matters relating to public utilities and land use. Robert Strand is held in high regard."
Represents the fee owner of the Kona Commons commercial project on the Island of Hawaii. Represented Hawaii hotel operator in connection with the acquisition of hotel, condominium and office building projects in Waikiki and Honolulu's financial district. Represented foreign investors in the acquisitions of the 4,600-acre Kaluakoi Resort on Molokai, the 719-room Hawaiian Waikiki Beach Hotel, the Bank of Hawaii Waikiki Office Building and the Kapalua Plantation and Kapalua Bay Golf Courses on Maui. Represented the Australian developer of a 57-lot residential subdivision in Kula, Maui.
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2023 for Administrative/Regulatory Law, Land Use and Zoning Law, and Real Estate Law; listed since 2006
- Listed in Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business 2023 for Real Estate
- Selected for inclusion in Hawaii Super Lawyers 2017 for Real Estate; listed since 2008
- Highest "AV" Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- The Nature Conservancy of Hawaii
- American Youth Soccer Organization (AYSO)
- Served as one of three co-editors of Volume 1 of the third edition of the Hawaii Real Estate Law Manual (2021).
- "Title Matters," Hawaii Real Estate Law Manual, 2018
- "Negotiation and Drafting of Lease Agreements," CLE International
- "Title Issues and Endorsements," Advanced Conference on Real Estate Purchases and Sales, CLE International
- Lectured on the State Water Code to the Real Property and Financial Services Section of the Hawaii State Bar Association